2월 6일자 그들의 홈페이지에 올라온 최신 소식에 의하면,

2월 7일 (월요일) 장장 5주에 걸쳐 펼쳐질 그들의 여정이 마침내 시작되는 것 같습니다.

원래 예정이 되어있던 배는 아직도 준비가 덜 된 관계로 "Cavendish Sea"라는 다른 배를 계약해서 떠난다고 합니다. 따라서 랜딩에 필요한 헬리콥터도 새로 계약을 했다는군요.

모든 것이 잘 된다면, 날씨, 바다 상태 등.., 2월 11일 (금요일) 아르헨티나의  Ushuaia라는 곳을 지나 Prter I 섬에는 2월 17 ~ 18일 경에 당도 할 것으로 기대가 된답니다.

이번 3Y0X 원정운용은 2주 동안 계속될 것이며 100,000 QSO를 목표로 하고있는 듯합니다.

또한 이번 3Y0X 원정 운용 비용은 역대 원정운용 중 최고가 될 것이라군요, 자세한 예산 규모는 모르겠으나, 21명의 대원이 4~5주간 지내야하는 비용에다 선박 및 헬리콥터 임대등 만만치가 않을 것으로 보입니다. 전체비용의 74%를 원정 대원들이 부담하고 나머지 26%는 기부에 기대를 걸고 있는듯 합니다. 1000불 이상을 기부하면 클럽로고를, 250불 이상을 기부하면 클럽이름을, 그리고 개인이 50불 이상 기부하면 호출부호를 QSL 카드에 새겨 준다는 군요.

이번 원정 운용에는 Ham들 뿐만 아니라 Ham이 아닌 사람도 세명이나 참가 한다고 합니다. 세계 최고(?)의 여행가라는 Charles, 두명의 사진및 비디오 작가인 Russ와 Curtis가 바로 그들이라는 군요, 대단한 원정운용 비디오가 나올듯..

--------------
Date: February 6, 2005
From: Team co-leaders: Ralph Fedor, K?R and Bob Allphin, K4UEE

Peter I Team on the way to Punta Arenas!

FOR IMMEDIATE RELEASE

The Peter I Dxpedition team members begin their five-week long journey tomorrow, Monday February 7th.  They will assemble in Punta Arenas, Chile as previously announced.

The last month has been full of last-minute changes.  Our original boat could not be made ready in time, it was delayed four months and is still not ready to sail -- and we learned that news less than a month ago.  The decision was made to continue the effort for 2005 and not postpone.  After scores of phone calls, faxes and other scrambling we were able to contract with another vessel, an offshore supply vessel named the "Cavendish Sea".  We have also contracted another helicopter and a very experienced pilot -- and we should be able to hold to the most recently announced schedule.  We are confident the new vessel and helicopter are mission-capable.  The team will be cramped and more uncomfortable, but we are up to the task.

We will be underway from Ushuaia, Argentina on Friday, February 11th if all goes well.  Depending on weather and sea conditions we expect to be on Peter I about February 17-18th.

The Peter I DXPedition will be on the ice for two weeks and hope to make 100,000 contacts.

Please follow our progress on our website: www.peterone.com

And special thanks to all of our sponsors, including Corporate, DX clubs, Individuals and DX Foundations.  The NCDXF is a premier sponsor of the Peter I DXpedition-2005.

This is a huge undertaking and very, very expensive.  The team members are funding 74% of the total cost and need your help with the remaining expenses.?Your contribution will be very much appreciated.  Send contributions to either: K4UEE, F2JD, JA1ELY or ZL2AL (check the website for an easy-to-use donation form).