2월 17일자 최신 뉴스에 의하면,

새로 임대한 배 'Cavendish Sea' 호가, Ushuaia에 집결 해 있는 3Y DXpedition 팀원들과 장비들을 픽업하기 위하여 Comodoro Rivadavia 항구를 이미 출발했어야 했는데, 금요일 현재까지 출발이 안되고 있는 모양입니다. 금요일 정오 전에는 Ushuaia를 떠나 Peter I 섬을 향해 항해가 시작 되었어야 했다는데 말입니다.

지금 상태로 보면, 일요일에나 'Cavendish Sea' 호가 Ushuaia에 도착하여 월요일에 출발할 수 있다는데.. 허는일 없이 시간만 까묵고 있는 것 같습니다. 따라서 정작 Peter I 섬에서 보낼 수있는 시간이 충분하지 않게 되어 금년에 3Y DXpedtion을 강행할 필요가 있는가를 생각하지 않을 수가 없게 된 모양입니다. 그래서.. 2006년으로 연기할 수밖에는 다른 선택이 없다는군요. 계속해서 소식을 올린다니 기다리는 수밖에는 별 도리가 없을 듯!!!

--------------------------------------
Date: February 17, 2005
   Ralph Fedor, K?R and Bob Allphin, K4UEE

Peter I DXpedition postponed to 2006
FOR IMMEDIATE RELEASE

I am afraid we have bad news.  At 1 AM local time today we learned that our charter vessel, the Cavendish Sea, had not yet sailed from the port of Comodoro Rivadavia.  The Cavendish Sea was to sail to Ushuaia to pick up the Dxpedtion team and their equipment on Friday, Feb 18th.  We were to sail before noon.

Because they have delayed their arrival until Sunday, and with a projected Monday departure, we have simply run out time.  This latest delay on top of numerous previous delays, simply makes it impossible for us to spend a sufficient amount of time on Peter I to justify the DXpedition this year.

So, we have no choice but to postpone the DXpedition until 2006.  We believe it is essential to allow enough time on Peter I to justify the monetary investment made by the team members, our sponsors, individual contributors, DX Clubs, DX Foundations.

After having the first vessel, the Antarctic Dream, default on their contract with us, then the helicopter company default on their contract and then after putting everything back together with a new boat and helicopter on this past Tuesday, the team has been on quite an emotional rollercoaster.  Our sincerest thanks to everyone for the encouragement and support you offered us during this time.

There will be additional Press Releases addressing what happens next.