2월 12일자 그들의 웹페이지 최신 뉴스에 의하면,

2월 11일(금) 4명의 유럽출신 운용자들이 마지막으로 아르헨티나의 Ushuaia에 도착함으로서 이제 20명의 3Y 원정팀원들은 계약된 배를 타고 칠레의 Punta Arenas로 이동 할 준비를 하고있는 모양이다.  

그런데 뜻밖에 충격적인 문제가 발생했다는 것이다. 헬리콥터회사가 헬기를 원래보다 더 작은 것으로 교체하고 그나마 예정보다 일정이 6일이나 늦어질 것을 통보 했다는 것이다. 그래서 또 다른 두 헬리콥터 회사와 임대 계약 협상을 하고있다는데 이것이 아마 원정팀이 극복해야 할 마지막 어려운 문제가 될 것으로 보인다.

헬기문제로 인하여 다음 주 중반까지 Peter I 섬을 향하여 항해를 하지 못한다면 이번 원정 운용이 내년으로 연기 될 지도 모른다는 것이다. 하지만 원정팀은 아직은 낙관을 하고있으며, 그러는 중에 현지 로컬 햄들의 환대에 즐거운 시간을 보내고 있다고 한다.

-------------------------------------
Date: February 12, 2005
   Ralph Fedor, K?R and Bob Allphin, K4UEE

Peter I Team assembled in Ushuaia, Argentina.

FOR IMMEDIATE RELEASE

All of the 3Y? team members have now assembled in Ushuaia, Argentina.  Four of the European operators arrived in Ushuaia on Friday, Feb. 11, bringing the total number of assembled members to twenty.

As most of you know, the team had to shift its staging area from Punta Arenas, Chile to Ushuaia, Argentina.  The sea container full of the team's supplies had to be moved through the complex customs process and then overland trucking arranged to move the container.  The container is due to arrive in Ushuaia on Saturday, Feb. 12.  This change in point of embarkation also resulted in the need to re-evaluate our propane fittings and change our food supply source.  These have been very busy days for the team.

The ship is fueled and ready to make its way from Comodoro Rivadavia to Ushuaia to pick up the team and load their supplies.

The helicopter company shocked the team by substituting a different, smaller helicopter and delaying its availability by six days.  We are now in the process of contract negotiations with two other helicopter charter companies.  This is our remaining hurdle.

If we are unable to sail to Peter I by the middle of next week due to the helicopter situation, we will likely postpone until next year.  However, at this time we still have options and we remain optimistic.  Meanwhile the team is enjoying the incredibly beautiful weather in Tierra del Fuego and the hospitality of the local hams.