2월 15일자 소식에 의하면,

새로운 헬리콥터 회사인 Lama helicopter 회사와의 계약이 성사가 되어, 2월 18일 낮에 Ushuaia를 출발하여 Peter I 섬으로의 항해가 시작될 것이라고 합니다. 날씨가 허락한다면 5~6일 내에는 Peter I 섬에 랜딩이 될 것이라고..

Peter I 섬에서의 일정이 단축 될 수밖에 없는 관계로, 랜딩 후 가능하면 빠른 시간내에 우선 1~2 station을 먼저 가동 할 계획이라는군요..

그러는 중에, 무전기에 익숙해 지고 공간상태를 파악하기위해 'LU/ ' 호출부호로 신호를 내니 응답을 해 줄것을 부탁한답니다.  

Date: February 15, 2005
   Ralph Fedor, K?R and Bob Allphin, K4UEE

It's a GO!!!!
FOR IMMEDIATE RELEASE

After a trying week of travel, re-positioning of the team and equipment, working with a new ship, being blind-sided by cancellation of the first helicopter company, negotiating a new helicopter contract, and re-configuring our supplies; the 3Y? team is ready to roll!

Today at 1800 UTC arrangements with the ship and the new helicopter company contract were finalized.  Specifications of the helicopter and experience of the pilot were reviewed and found satisfactory.  Our ship, the Cavendish Sea, and a Lama helicopter will begin moving in a matter of hours and converge on Ushuaia, Argentina.

This evening we will begin an extensive review of our shelter set up procedures, camp layout, and equipment review.  We will continue our familiarization with our radios and propagation.  When you hear us signing LU/, please call us so we can continue to study propagation from this part of the world.  Don't worry about duplicate contacts.

We expect to depart from Ushuaia midday, February 18, and begin our sail to Peter I.  Weather permitting; we will land on Peter I within five or six days.  Because our time on the island has been shortened by the difficulties we encountered, we will shift to the "fast strike" mode and get one or two stations on the air as soon as possible.

These last days have been extremely difficult for us.  Uncertainties were around every corner.  With things changing so rapidly, it was difficult to release meaningful information.  We are now better positioned and can send out updates more frequently.  Our entire team thanks the DX community for their patience and good wishes expressed on the air.

Please continue to check our web site for updates.